- 1 million links are shared via Facebook every 20 minutes.
- 5 million users are invited to an event on Facebook every hour.
- 100 000 people become friends on Facebook every minute.
- Half of all users spend 1-5 hours a week chatting and posting on social networks.
- 8 people worldwide join an existing social network every second.
- Facebook can be considered the world’s third country by the number on people living in it (around 1 bln), surpassed by China and India only.
- 50% people aged under 30 are members of at least one social network.
- An average user signs in their account twice a day.
- An average number of “friends” to a user equals 195 people.
- There are 200,000,000 blogs online.
- 80% people confide in their online friends more than their real ones.
- More than 90% people born in XXI century have accounts on social networks.
- Below is the list of the most popular social networks in some countries::
- USA — Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
- United Kingdom — Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
- Germany — Facebook, Twitter, Xing
- Russia — Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki, Facebook
Threats found on Social Networks
- Statistics shows, that sexual harassments has grown 26 times with introduction of social networks..
- About 100 users each year pay with the lives because of the message they left on social networks.
- The 2011 data in UK revealed that 4 out of 5 robbers used social networks to prepare for their crime.
- Scientists consider social networks being one of the factors compromising human immunity system.
- Social networks are already in advance of pornography as the most popular way of online activity.
- Around 15% of social network accounts are made for spying purposes, most notably by secret services .
- Social networks can press vulnerably people close to suicide as they become more detached from reality and their usual circle of contacts.
- It has been revealed that most of the popular social services still keep pictures deleted by users.
- Facebook managed to reach 200 million users mark in less than a year, while for television it took long 13 years to attract 60 million viewers.
Social Networks and Families
- Approximately 10% of marriages in USA would never existed if not for social networks.
- Every fifth couple becomes an item via social networks.
- 69% parents are on their children’s list of friends.
- 1/5 children spent 24 hours a week browsing social networks. Half of all kids are about to reach this mark.
- 80% of children are registered with at least one social network.
- 80% of parents believe they are aware of what their kids are doing online while 31% of children are sure their activities are undiscovered.
- The average age of becoming an independent social network user is now 10.
- The following percentage show how many hours a week children spend on social networks: 7-14 hours — 23% , 14-12 hours— 57% , more than 21 hours — 20%.
– Safe Lagoon Team